Often partners are supportive and appreciate they have been informed that they may have been exposed to a transmissible STI. If one partner is untreated for an STI it can be passed back and forth.
● Tell your sexual partner in person or over the phone. If you feel a text message is easier, this works too.
● Often we connect with our sexual partners on hook up apps like Grindr. You already have a dialogue going, so why not use this chat option to tell them you have syphilis?
● Your doctor may be able to arrange a Contact Tracer (a special public health worker) to inform them for you
● You won’t be identified in this process
● Your doctor can assist you in contacting your sexual partners and suggest they be treated also.
● If you don’t feel comfortable telling your sexual partners in person, you can still let them know for free via an anonymous SMS or email by visiting one of the following sites: