Often partners are supportive and appreciate they have been informed that they may have been exposed to a transmissible STI. If one partner is untreated for an STI it can be passed back and forth.
● Tell your sexual partner in person or over the phone. If you feel a text message is easier, this works too.
● Often we connect with our sexual partners on hook up apps like Grindr. You already have a dialogue going, so why not use this chat option to tell them you have syphilis?
● Your doctor may be able to arrange a Contact Tracer (a special public health worker) to inform them for you
● You won’t be identified in this process
● Your doctor can assist you in contacting your sexual partners and suggest they be treated also.